苏州美睫

苏州美甲美睫培训学校

   Sep 21

Cold snap prompts fire warning

FIRE and Rescue NSW is reminding people to be careful in the home as the cold of winter sets in.
苏州美甲美睫培训学校

Assistant director of Community Safety and Research, Chief Superintendant Chris Lewis, said firies were called to 1100 home fires last winter.

“Nearly a quarter of these were due to leaving unattended household items such as heating appliances.

“It’s cold and people are cooking more, using heaters and electric blankets, and putting clothes in the dryer.

“Keep looking when cooking and never leave a heater, dryer, electric blanket or any other electrical device unattended. Always turn them off when leaving home or going to bed.”

Chief Superintendant Lewis also said people should check electrical cords for signs of damage such as fraying before using them.

“It’s also important people don’t bring outdoor heating and cooking appliances indoors, including using ‘heat beads’ or LPG gas as a fuel source.

“This type of equipment, and home-made heaters such as terracotta pots on top of butane cookers, puts people at great risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.”

NSW Fair Trading Commissioner Rod Stowe said householders should only use approved heaters that met Australian Standards.

“You can check if your heater is on the national product recall list at recalls .gov419论坛. We inspect thousands of electrical and gas products every year to ensure only approved products are sold.”

Fire and Rescue NSW recommends following these points to reduce the risk of fire in the home:

• keep looking when cooking;

• clean the clothes dryer filter after every load;

• keep clothing and flammable materials one metre from heaters;

• do not overload power points and powerboards;

• always turn off heating and electrical appliances when leaving the home or going to bed;

• regularly inspect powerboards and electrical leads for signs of damage, degradation and dust;

• ensure you have a working smoke alarm and a practiced home escape plan;

• if a fire occurs, get out, stay out, and call Triple Zero (000).

For more information about fire safety visit 梧桐夜网fire.nsw.gov419论坛 or contact your local fire station.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 苏州美甲美睫培训学校.

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.